Bilingual French E- Counsellor (telephone, video, online counselling)
Lifeworks by Morneau Shepell
Remote Work Arrangements
6 Months Contract (Possibility for extension)
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
Morneau Shepell employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, you will be providing short term telephone, video, and online asynchronous text-based short term counselling for Morneau Shepell's Employee Assistance Program (EAP). In your online group counselling role, you will be leading and facilitating online group counselling (OGC). OGC provides a structured, 4-session group counselling model that focuses on specific clinical issues and goals (e.g. anxiety).
- short term telephone and video counselling
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various personal issues that may or may not be work-related (E-Counselling);
- Facilitate structured online group counselling chat sessions, focusing on specific clinical issues, using Morneau Shepell-designed resources (OGC).
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP;
- Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by Morneau Shepell’s clinical models.
Succeeding as an E-Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work;
- Professional College membership or registration with a mental health association;
- Valid professional liability insurance covering for counselling with clients located anywhere in Canada;
- Minimum five (5) years post-graduate counselling experience with multiple populations;
- Bilingualism in English and French is mandatory;
- Ability to set realistic objectives and accomplished in solution-focused, narrative, and cognitive-behavioural approaches;
- Exceptional written communication skills with excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Knowledge and comfort using online technologies and fast paced typing (for OGC) are required;
- Facility with text-based rapport building; experience and/or comfort building online therapeutic relationship and ability to effectively assess clients online is required;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Good knowledge of community resources;
- EAP industry experience and digital counselling experience is an asset.
- Comfortably work from home
- Clinical supervision available
- Flexible schedule
- Available full time
- Evening and/or weekend availability is an asset
- Private and confidential work area located in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home
- counseling: 5 years (Preferred)
- digital counselling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Required)