The Family Development Program provides caring and professional family support to help develop positive family relationships by teaching parenting, living, communication and behavior management skills. This program helps children, youth and parents struggling with a variety of issues. Clients are referred to this program from their local Children Services office.
- Family Assessment and Intervention
- Coaching/mentoring parents
- Life skills training
- Linking families with community services
- Family support and advocacy
- Driving clients to and from designated locations
- Facilitating Case Conferences and Family Support Network Meetings
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in the Human Services Field and minimum 2 years human services experience
- Committed to provide common sense, understandable and useful parenting skills
- Knowledge of parent/child relationships and family dynamics
- Have the ability to model appropriate parenting skills
- Strong organizational/time management skills
- Ability to work as a member of a professional team
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Be flexible and have strong interpersonal skills
- Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and Suicide Intervention Training
- Intervention Record & Criminal Record Checks
- Class 5 Divers License, Clean Drivers Abstract and reliable vehicle for client transportation required
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Culture considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth, Family Enhancement Act
- Knowledge and experience within the Signs of Safety frame work considered an asset
- Preferred experience in the CS System
Wage Range: $22.71/hr. - $28.65/hr. – Plus Travel Reimbursement. Wage to be negotiated based on education and experience.
Benefits: McMan promotes the wellbeing of our employees promoting flexibility, health and wellness, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Hours of work: Flexible schedule required, includes evenings and weekends.
***PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS POSITION IS ALSO AVAILABLE OUT OF OUR ROCKY MOUNTAIN HOUSE LOCATION***
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $22.71 to $28.65 /hour