Canem brings nearly 60 years of practical experience using the latest prefabrication and project management technologies in the electrical, data communications and security sectors.
With offices across Western Canada, we pride ourselves on being contractors that care and are looking to build our team in the Cambridge branch. We invite you to review our website to learn more about Canem. If you feel that Canem would be a fit for you, please apply in confidence to join our growing and dynamic team of professionals.
We are currently looking for an Office Administrator in Cambridge. This position is responsible for the effective administration of office and clerical functions at the branch. This includes responsibility for assigned financial and clerical responsibilities, and supporting field and office staff. The Office Administrator reports directly to the Regional Vice President, Ontario and Manitoba.
The Office Administrator is responsible for duties assigned by the supervisor, including:
- Administering the effective functioning of the branch office as applicable and assigned, including assisting the management team and branch staff with administrative tasks.
- Ensuring correct and effective execution of tasks as related to insurance and health and safety as applicable and assigned, including statutory declarations, monitoring and maintaining insurance and bonding requests, maintaining the company’s safety requirements (clearance letters), obtaining and maintaining permits and inspection requirements and ensuring completion of regular reports to head office.
- Completing financial and accounting duties where applicable and assigned, including entering and processing of accounts receivable information, collections, maintaining SM A/P invoicing, monitoring and handling petty cash etc.
- Supervising and completing office systems and procedures as applicable and assigned, including entry and maintenance of SAP change orders, job target set up, time entry and timesheet submittal,processing payroll functions, etc.
- Providing an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
This job description provides a general guideline for areas of responsibility. Additional detailed job responsibilities and individual goals are set for the employee with their supervisor.
The Office Administrator position requires an experienced administrative assistant with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively supervise other administrative staff. Proficiency in related computer programs is a requirement.
- 5 – 10 years experience in administrative assistant position
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in required computer programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 5 years (Preferred)
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cambridge, ON (Preferred)