Position Title: Head Teller ( 6 Months Contract)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:15 pm
Reports to: Branch Supervisor / Manager
To provide a full range of services to members including responding to members' enquiries, analysing needs and assisting members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs; cross sells credit union products; processes member transactions; processes member requests for account updates and closures; resolves problems with member accounts that cannot be resolved by other MSR staff at a junior level; reviews various reports to identify variances and required action; composes routine correspondence; will make judgement decisions regarding the delivery of financial services to members. Shows leadership and delegates and reviews tasks.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Order and Ensure that adequate cash supplies are maintained for the branch(treasury) and MSRs
- Balances and reconciles general ledger accounts and ATM's. Assists with a variety of administrative activities including maintenance of dormant accounts, cash accounts and production of month-end reports.
- Prepare excess cash, coin or mutilated cash for shipment
- Complete and balance treasury book and related GLs
- Provide assistance to members on front line by opening accounts, answering questions and servicing member requests for deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments and cheque cashing
- Promote/Cross-sell CU products and services
- First contact for MSR staff in resolving more complex problems and member complaints on the front line
- First responder in finding teller outages, including ECR, when applicable
- Respond to override requests from MSR's with the Head Teller Limits
- Ensure all MSR's cash drawers are put away into main vault
- Assist in processing (batching) cheques to be sent out
- Back-up for Branch Supervisor in her absence
- Assist Branch Supervisor in balancing/control of securities supplies
- Process edit/reject reports
- Process branch unauthorized overdraft report and obtain appropriate signatures from lending staff
- Answer incoming calls, assist members, transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Process stops/holds report daily
- Process daily diary/post-dated file
- Manage OFC supplies and balancing daily
- Daily scanning of documentation to Head Office
- Complete travel insurance reporting
- Proofing New Accounts, New ATM cards and Internet On-line Reports
- Ensure the balancing and reconciliations of general ledger accounts and other reports
- Combination holder for treasury, Brinks locker and securities
- All other duties assigned
- 3 years banking/ Member Service Experience or equivalent.
- Exceptional customer service skills excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to cross sell our PACE products.
- Willing to participate in Community events and work towards reaching growth objectives
- Demonstrates positive leadership qualities
- Flexible to work some extended hours when needed.
- Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision.
- Quality, accuracy and detail driven.
- Willing to complete outbound calls.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Flexible to assist with extra hours at the branch and other PACE locations.
PACE Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-738-8900 ext. 1011.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Type: Contract
- Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Banking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)