Foote Law are currently looking for an organized and motivated senior family law clerk with extensive family law experience to join our team! Criminal law and Wills & Estates experience considered an asset.
This position is ideal for a senior law clerk, who desires a high level of responsibility in a fast paced and growing firm. This position is full-time hours and provides a high degree of flexibility in terms of flexible working arrangements (e.g., flexible hours, work from home or the office).
The selected law clerk will be a vital team member who is responsible for providing administrative support to the lawyers. Administrative tasks include: compiling, comparing, drafting and organizing legal documents, corresponding with clients and researching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Open and close client files;
· Draft documents (e.g.; applications, separation agreements, parenting plans, pleadings, affidavits, memos, correspondence, conference briefs, disclosure, etc.);
· Prepare financial statements and Net Family Property statements;
· Prepare orders for endorsement;
· Schedule and maintain assigned lawyers’ calendar;
· Act as a liaison with clients, opposing counsel and necessary third parties;
· Photocopy, fax, scan, bind documents;
· Manage physical and electronic client files;
· Docket time and prepare bills;
· Answer phones.
· College diploma in a recognized law clerk program;
· Minimum 10+ year experience working in the area of family law is must ;
· Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills;
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to work efficiently under stress;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
· Experience working with PC Law and Divorcemate (and Will Builder);
· Quick learner.
· Experience working with Legal Aid Online considered an asset;
· Family and criminal law experience is an asset;
If you believe you have the skills and experience required for this position please feel free to submit your application for consideration. (Please do not submit an application if you do not have the prerequisite family law experience as described above). Be sure to include "Application of Law Clerk Position" and the re: line of your email. While we thank all of those who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home