Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Stewart Farms’ recognizesthat employees are at the core of its success andtakes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Our farm is located in St. Stephen,New Brunswick with a 100,000square feetof soon to be licensed medical cannabis. Stewart Farms’unique productionand growing practiceswill produceOrganic cannabis,sustainably. We believe that we can make peoples lives better by producing high quality, cleanand pure products, in a manner that respects the earth all while harnessing the power of technology!
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Head of Security will direct and oversee the organizational security plan and is responsible for ensuring that the physical security measures comply with Part 4 of the Cannabis Regulations.
The Head of Security is responsible for all video surveillance systems, monitoring all access control and intrusion detection systems, and monitoring and reporting violations of overall safety and security procedures throughout the facility. The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Oversee risk mitigation procedures are in place to detect and respond to scenarios thatcould compromise an employee’s security clearance or the organization’s security
- Implement and/or maintain proper protocols for staff, guest, vendor, and contractorarrival and entry to the facility, including procedures for breaches
- Oversee proper access control and intrusion detection protocols for staff, guest, vendor,and contractors to areas where cannabis is present including vault/storage areas anddeliveries/pick-up
- Maintain appropriate records of entry and exit to restricted and storage areas
- Implement and/or maintain response procedures for any access control or intrusiondetection breaches to areas where cannabis is present, including vault/storage areas
- Oversee security measures to ensure the safekeeping of cannabis when being shipped,delivered and/or transported
- Maintain physical security through the monitoring, storage and retrieval of videomonitoring footage
- Ensure the specification, type and number of video surveillance devices meetrequirements under the Act
- Implement and/or maintain procedures for the secure handling of cannabis waste anddestruction process
- Oversee internal security training and awareness requirements for management andemployees
- Implement and/or maintain procedures for reporting security concerns, incidents orbreaches by employees
- Implement and/or maintain contingency plans for record keeping system failures
- Oversee theft and loss detection procedures and awareness training
- Implement and/or maintain procedures for validating that cannabis entering the facility isfrom a legal source
- Oversee procedures for the protection of client information
- Implement and/or maintain response procedures should cannabis be found to enter orleave the facility in an unauthorized manner, ensuring a testing protocol for the responseprocedure
- The designated Head ofSecurity is required to have a security clearance
- Proven experience in security leadership in a regulated environment
- A diploma or degree in therelated field
- Security professional designation is considered an asset
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations- owns mistakes
- Health and wellness oriented
- Good humored and energetic
- Ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Excels under pressure
This is a full-time position based in St. Stephen, New Brunswick
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks as well as submit a full security clearance check to Health Canada.
Thank you so much for your interest in Stewart Farms!
Job Type: Full-time
- Security: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- St. Stephen, NB (Preferred)
- English and French (Preferred)