Are you self-motivated, personable, efficient and love working with people? We are looking for a Registered Nurse Supervisor to work 3 or 4 days/week (22.5-30 hours/week) to join our team! The RN Supervisor develops and monitors care plans for clients living in their own home or assistive living facility to enhance quality of life, as well as oriented, educates, supports and supervises our field team of Care Aides, LPNs and RNs.
The RN Supervisor works closely with our Director of Nursing Services (Highly Experienced Registered Nurse Educator) as well as our team of Care Coordinators and the Executive Director.
During COVID we have extensive pandemic plans and COVID19 protocols to ensure our employees and clients are safe (www.evergreennursing.ca/covid-19). We support work-from-home options whenever possible.
Evergreen Nursing Services (www.evergreennursing.ca) is an accredited, family-owned and operated private home care agency in Vancouver. We have been awarded the Consumer's Choice Award for Best Home Health Services for the past 15 years. Evergreen provides exceptional home support services including personal care, companionship, homemaking, post-surgical care and end-of-life care for private clients, as well as through formal palliative nursing contracts with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Our office team is strong, supportive, experienced and fun! We offer competitive wages, extended benefits, paid vacation and personal days and most of all - promote a healthy work-life balance!
The position is available at 3 OR 4 days/week depending on the successful applicant's preference and availability. Ideally, work days would be:
- 3 days/week - Mon/Tues/Thurs
- OR 4 days/week - Any days, with Mondays being mandatory.
Drivers license and own car are required as you will be seeing Evergreen clients mainly in Vancouver, and occasionally in North Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby. You will be able to write off vehicle expenses for tax purposes, and are reimbursed for mileage when seeing clients.
Start date: Late August/September 2020 (flexible)
Rate of Pay:
- Option: 3 days (22.5 hours) per Salary Range = $49,140.00 to $53,820.00
- Option: 4 days (30 hours) per week Salary Range = $65,520.00 to $71,760.00
- *Annual Performance Based bonus up to 3% of annual Salary offered*
In addition to wage, we offer the following benefits:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Extended Benefits including dental
- Paid Personal/Sick Days (3 day/week schedule = 4.5 personal days; 4 day/week schedule = 6 personal days)* Any unused days are paid out at each annual review.
- $500 education fund per year
- Use of a business cell phone
- Mileage, and parking reimbursement for car use
- Ability to work from home (during COVID) ; dedicated desk and office space near Jericho Beach
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Additional Perks: Bright, renovated office in Kitsilano with Mountain views, great transit and free parking. Free Friday staff lunches ordered in weekly.** Annual staff social events, such as large Christmas parties and quarterly office staff events.**
**not provided during COVID due to working remotely and COVID restrictions
- Computer proficiency (typing speed of at least 35 words/minute, proficiency in word and ability to learn complex software systems)
- Strong clinical reasoning and assessment skills
- Strong mentorship and education skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Timely and proactive
- Strong initiation and follow through
- Productive, flexible and efficient
- Compassionate, caring and kind
- Shares the same values as the company and team.
- Self-directed and able to work independently in the community
- Adaptable to change
- Strong prioritizing skills
- Enjoys working with people of various backgrounds
- Oversee a dedicated case load of community clients, monitoring their care on a regular basis via community visits and communication with client and family
- Perform in-home assessments for new clients in the home
- Develop and review client care plans
- Communicate care plans and care needs to the clients dedicated care team
- Deliver Care Aide Orientations (currently done remotely) every 4 to 6 weeks
- Implement quality assurance initiatives with the Director of Nursing in the community
- Providing education and mentorship to Care Aides, LPNs and RNs in the community
- Assist with projects in preparation for Accreditation Canada re-assessment scheduled for November 2020.
- Assisting with office administrative tasks as required
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Evergreen Nursing Services. Please address cover letters to Tara Trethewey, Executive Director.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $42.00-$46.00 per hour
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
Work-from-home measures are in place, as well as extensive COVID19 precautions and protocols to maintain the safety of our employees, clients and the general public. For more information, refer to www.evergreennursing.ca/covid-19
- home care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- BCCNP (Full Registration, no conditions) (Required)