What is the opportunity?
As a Sales Associate you will attract and build new customer relationships and further strengthen customer loyalty that has spanned generations. You provide your customers with product knowledge and advice for the purchase of jewellery, electronics, camera equipment, instruments and more. Working with our team of associates you will also help customers with processing their jewellery repairs and promote custom design jewellery.
What will you do?
- Actively listen to your customers to provide customized sales solutions
- Cultivate a team environment to support a seamless customer experience and reach department goals
- Utilize your current knowledge of jewellery and other products to help customers become “smart shoppers”
- Help manage inventory and promote stock turnover
- Continuously learn and develop new skills to support customer and business needs
What do you need to succeed?
- 2+ years of proven sales experience in a retail environment
- Ability to understand the properties, components and production of jewellery
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Professional working proficiency of English
- The ability to receive on the job training and coaching
Nice to have
- 1+ years experience in the jewellery industry
- Fluent in a second language
- Knowledge in watches, instruments or electronics
What’s in it for you?
- Don’t just be a number. Working for a small business you can make your mark on the company
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and employee discounts
- An opportunity to work with one of Toronto’s most distinguished jewellers & pawnbrokers
McTamney’s, established in 1860, has a reputation as one of North America’s most trusted buyers and sellers of estate and fine jewellery. We have revolutionized the business of pawnbroking to a level of service that has attracted the likes of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alice Cooper and Harry Connick Jr. We offer our customers a full range of products and services such as: jewellery sales, electronics & instrument sales, jewellery repairs, custom design jewellery, cash loans & purchases and more!
Location: 139 Church St. Toronto, ON
Pay Type: Full-time
Work Hours/Week: 40
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- retail sales: 2 years (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)