At BTC, we stand for Be the Change. What does this mean? We help clients turn their vision into cinematic visuals! We also spotlight Change Makers: anyone who is pushing the boundaries of the norm, and helping take their passion to new heights, either through creation, innovation, and/ or community building.
We are looking for a Gaffer/ Chief Lighting Technician to join our growing production team!
As a Gaffer, your role will be to oversee and operate all lighting equipment needed on set.
With new bigger and better creative projects on the horizon for BTC, we're scaling up HARD.
Everyone on our team is here to push creative boundaries, and achieve the best possible production for our clients.
We believe we can be the next generation of creatives; we're a family, and we're here to push each other to grow and LEVEL UP.
- Oversee and operate any/ all lights on set (make sure settings are optimal, light intensity, follow directions, etc.)
- Coordinate with DOP on how to best execute desired vision
- Adjust on the fly
- Choosing the appropriate angles to best light whatever subject is needed
- Communication with BTC's Creative Team Manager (emails, texts, calls) on shoot recaps, problems or concerns that may have arisen on set, follow ups, etc.
- Pack and unload lighting equipment needed for given day's shoot
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Experience with managing clients preferred
- Experience on production sets preferred
- Experience/ knowledge with lighting equipment
- Wide range of knowledge on how to optimally light different subjects
- Ability to adapt to a potentially fast paced environment while maintaining a dedication to quality
- Ability to read, write, and speak English & French
- Above all else: CREATIVE DRIVE TO GROW
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: From $30.00 per hour