STAFF VACANCY: INC021320
Description: Intake Coordinator, INC021320
Department: Compliance & Investigations
Type of Position: Contract - 6 months
Reporting to: Director, Compliance and Investigations
Location: 5160 Yong Street, Toronto ON
Since 1976, Tarion has provided new home warranty protection to more than 2 million Ontario homes. We serve new home buyers and new homeowners by ensuring that one of their life’s biggest investments is protected. Almost every new home in the province is covered by a new home warranty. This warranty protection is provided by Ontario’s builders and lasts up to seven years. It is backstopped by Tarion. More than 375,000 homes are currently enrolled in the warranty program. Every year about 55,000 new homes are enrolled.
With more than 225 employees, Tarion works hard every day to serve the public interest by, first and foremost, protecting consumers and their new home purchases. We investigate homeowner warranty claims; resolve warranty disputes between homeowners and builders; provide deposit and delayed closing protection for new home buyers; and prosecute illegal builders. We regulate new home builders and ensure they meet a province-wide standard of technical competence and financial capacity. We also manage the Guarantee Fund, an important financial reserve designed to help shield Ontario consumers from possible catastrophic building events. All of this enhances fairness and confidence in Ontario’s new home building industry.
- Answering calls and gather information, responding to calls from the hotline, department extension, email and other internal departments
- Create leads in the investigative databases
- Conduct reviews of investigative leads received by the department to determine if further action is required
- Categorize the call according to departmental standards and priorities
- Liaise with Tarion Stakeholders including building department inquiries
- Prepare preliminary written reports of investigations
- Possibly appear as a witness and give evidence during trials, or any form of hearings (i.e. license appeal tribunal)
- Minimum College graduate
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience at Tarion
- Self-motivated with excellent self-management skills (time management & organizational skills)
- Detailed knowledge of corporate mandates and business procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Above average computer skills in Microsoft Office and Internet environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of relevant constitutional laws, Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act, Freedom of information legislation, Provincial Offences Act
If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please email us.
Application Submissions & Deadline:
Please submit a covering letter and resume with vacancy code INC021320, to us.
Reference ID: INC021320
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract