MON+ in collaboration with the Government of Nunavut
Since 2001, MON+ has been providing employment for nurses in remote areas; it’s our expertise!
OUTPOST – SHORT TERMS CONTRACT ACCORDING TO YOUR AVAILABILITIES!
Want to make a difference in the lives of First Nations people in Nunavut? MON+ gives this unique opportunity; contact us!
The midwife provides care to childbearing women, babies and families in the community and the Region. The incumbent practices in compliance with the currently accepted Health/Midwifery Act and functions in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the midwifery led maternity care program. The incumbent is a member of the primary care team and contributes to healthy pregnancies, safe births and healthy beginnings for mothers and babies in the region.
· Educating clients and public on options and guiding them through informed choices
· Advocating and counselling
· Building relationships through continuity of care using a holistic approach
· Assessing and monitoring normal (while recognizing abnormal) physiological processes for both mothers and babies
· Using medication and technology appropriately, prescribing within scope of authority
· Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
· Admitting patients to hospital, monitoring, assessing and treating as appropriate
· Facilitating multi-disciplinary team work approach to care
· Providing primary care for labour and birth process,as well as through the postpartum period
· Supporting breast feeding and related programs
· Administering appropriate medications and immunizations as per regulations
· Making home visits and using professional protocol
· Managing obstetrical emergencies
· Initiating,organizing and participating in medevacs as required
· Conducting outreach and skill building educational opportunities in assigned communities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Midwifery Diploma from Nunavut Arctic or Registration with a Canadian College of Midwives or Graduate from a Prior Learning, Education and Assessment Program (PLEA) or equivalent in province/territory with existing midwifery legislation and registerable with a Canadian College of Midwives and registration with Nunavut Midwifery Registration Committee.
· Nunavut registration or ability to obtain registration prior to start date.
· A minimum of 1 full year experience practicing midwifery care.
· Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks.
· Registration requirements (annual certifications in NRP, CPR, FHS, ESW).
· Nunavut Immunization Certificate.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Paid for every day worked (Various communities);
- Salary condition to be discussed later;
- Daily schedule: 8h30 to 17h00 with1 hour for lunch (Or, any similar consideration as determined by the department);
- Travel fees, accommodation and food allowance are provided;
- Free to choose your assignment among several opportunities in various communities;
- You’ll be supported by a dedicated team (24 hours a day, 7 days a week);
- Fly-In/Fly-Out contracts according to your availabilities (6 weeks up to 3 months).
***We offer other opportunities such as Community Health Nurse, Home Care Nurse, Public Health Nurse and Registered Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse. Don't miss out on our job offers!
To be part of MON+ team means FREEDOM, FLEXIBILITY, INTEGRITY and GROWTH.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract