We are seeking a Custodian/Janitor with a minimum of 2 years of experience and knowledge of minor demolition, electricity, HVAC, and carpentry to oversee the maintenance, cleanliness, and general upkeep of our building. The ideal candidate will have previous custodial and handyman experience, be able to work independently.
Optional on-site accommodation available for the janitorial role, providing the convenience of a nearby apartment if desired
- Perform minor fixes in apartments (plumbing and electricity)
- Experience on drywall repairs, paint, floor and tiles repairs, etc.
- Answer apartments service calls
- Building machinery inspections
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Answer urgent calls weeknights and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Willingness to live on-site. (optional)
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous custodial and handyman experience required
- Company’s cellphone
- On-site housing provided. (Optional)
- Health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Competitive Salary
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- What are your salary expectations?
- Janitorial: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person