The Produce Helper, you will ride on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing exceptional waste removal services for our customers. The Helper is responsible for safely pushing and pulling waste carts, picking up and slinging garbage from refuse cans and/or recycle bins to garbage trucks and ensuring that it reaches garbage disposal areas in a proper and timely manner.
The Duties below include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to push and pull waste totes to be loaded for disposal
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Driver of any incidents, accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Climb on and off vehicle to load refuse, waste and poly carts
- lift and carry trash bags and containers to the truck for disposal.
- Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all of U-PAK’s safety standards and policies.
- Follow all of U-PAK’s safety policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Operations and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- A minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar role.
- Ability to push and pull waste totes and carts
- Experience working in the waste industry is an asset
- Knowledge of waste industry practices and safety procedures is an asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Adhering to work schedule, reliable, dependable and punctual
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Must be able to work outside
- Ability to lift above 20lbs
- Good time-management skills.
- Must reliable and dedicated
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Driver Helper: 1 year (Required)