Are you currently in school or planning on continuing your education? UPS will pay up to $2000 per semester through our tuition reimbursement program!
At UPS, we also discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
UPS is currently looking for Part-time Warehouse Local Sorters at our Kanata location starting at $14.00 per hour with top rates of $24.61 per hour.
- Job Classifications: Part-time Warehouse
- Job Type: Permanent/Hourly
- Job Location: 8825 Campeau Drive
- Work days: Monday - Fridays*
- Scheduled Shift: 5:00/5:30PM – 10PM (approximately – hours vary based on daily needs)
- Category: Warehouse Operations
*Local Sorters will be required to work five days a week with slight changes in shift hours. Shift hours may vary due to the changes in package volume.
Local Sorters are responsible for the loading, unloading, sorting, and scanning of packages in the center.
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Ability to regularly lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
- Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks or similar equipment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding and temperature changing warehouse environment
- Must be able to work with and recognize postal codes, routing charts and maps
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- Full training provided
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Wage starts at $14.00 per hour
- Guaranteed wage progression up to $24.61 per hour
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Group insurance and pension benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement, up to $2000 per semester (Conditions apply)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $24.61 /hour
- warehouse worker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Receive/process shipments