The Town of Drayton Valley is seeking candidates for Child Care Program Lunch Relief position. Your assistance will be needed in bringing together a shared vision to aid in the development of a program to meet the needs of the children within the program. You must possess exceptional organizational skills and a strong work ethic. A background in program implementation, planning strategies and a formed child care philosophy would be an asset.
The Child Care Casual Call –In Staff will assist in serving to reinforce the following goals:
- Supports daily and weekly activities in a safe and positive learning environment in accordance with philosophy and aims of the Early Childhood Program.
- Responsible for keeping playrooms safe and in order, cleaning and sanitizing as required.
- Assists children in completing activities and provides any instruction – educational, social and emotional as required.
- Supervises indoor and outdoor children’s activities ensuring safe, fun and orderly performance.
- Receives and escorts children to and from the Child Care Centre as required.
- Supports Child Guidance policy with children according to policies outlined by the Early Childhood Program in accordance with the Early Childhood Development Centre Policies.
- Recommends and consults with the Program Manager on any problems, safety concerns, or difficulties in dealings with the children, other staff and parents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Work in a safe manner, wear personal protective equipment if your job requires it, and attend safety training.
- Report unsafe work conditions to your Supervisor.
- Works in an ethical and confidential manner.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Educational Assist OR Lvl. II / III Early Childhood Educator (Required)