A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
We’re hiring at our facility in Abbotsford, BC
Are you reliable, comfortable with labor-intensive work and have a great attitude at work? Join our Saputo family now !
Saputo is recognized as one of the top ten dairy processors in the world. In Canada, our 5,600 employees are our greatest asset and the engine of our success.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Working at Saputo is:
With your team you will:
- Getting a full range of health benefits; paid by your employer
- Saving for your retirement with a contribution from us
- Having the possibility to buy shares in the company to invest/save
- Having access to health and wellness programs in the workplace including hockey and soccer tournaments
- Being a part of a large and ever-growing company
- Participating in exclusive health and safety training
- Having a competitive starting wage of $26.54/hour, with evening and night premiums
- And much more!
- Perform manual lifting, stacking, loading and unloading (up to approx. 50lbs)
- Assist in the direct handling of products
- Participate in the setup, takedown and sanitation of all parts and equipment when required
- Working with, and in close proximity to sanitizing chemicals (i.e. high concentrations of acids and alkalis)
- Class 1 drivers license is considered an asset
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a part-time on-call position with no guarantee in hours. You will need to be available to work at least 5 days per week (24 hour availability) even if you do not get scheduled.
This position is for you if:
- You are physically able to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive movements
- You are able to work in a temperate and / or refrigerated environment
- You already have experience in manufacturing, an asset but not required
- You learn quickly and you are responsible
- You like working as a team and communicate well with your colleagues
- You’re always in a good mood and you like having fun while working
If this description sounds like you, join us!