Great Place to Work Certified™
Support Services Technician - Hybrid Remote
Reports To: Service Desk Manager, Bakers Delight Holdings Australia
Location: Vancouver, BC
COBS Bread is looking to recruit a bright, enthusiastic Support Services Technician for our Vancouver office who will support our Information Technology team as COBS continues to grow across North America.
The successful candidate will work closely with other team members to manage the end-to-end life cycle for corporate and bakery based incidents via phone, email and face to face support. As a team player with an excellent phone manner you will quickly resolve customer issues or work with the team to assist customers throughout our network.
The Support Services Technician will:
- Administer seamless technical support to all customers ensuring regular contact and updates for all incidents assigned to them for support
- Provide prompt, educated and courteous support resolving the clients' first level technical issues, escalating when it is beyond your level of expertise
- Perform troubleshooting of issues related to hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Create and maintain Support Services documentation via an online knowledge base
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-3 years related experience in providing technical support to users, and working with computer systems, software, and hardware
- Relevant post secondary diploma in Computing studies or equivalent - combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with diagnosing, resolving and documenting hardware and software issues on each job/ticket
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, PC hardware, common office applications
- Previous experience with retail point of sale systems and hardware is preferred
- Knowledge of Service Now and ITIL Framework is preferred
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Enjoy working amongst a close knit team to discuss technical matters pertaining to issues, problems, or technical specifications
- Quick learner who can assimilate new technologies quickly
- Ability to switch gears and move on to unrelated issues with ease
- Strong problem solving experience such as troubleshooting
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines when required while working well under pressure
- Organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated to take initiative and be proactive
What’s in it for You
- Not only do we have fresh COBS Bread product delivered daily to our Vancouver Support Office, we offer some pretty sweet perks too!
- A flexible work arrangement and a one-time work from home reimbursement to ensure you're set up for success
- Competitive salary, bonus and vacation plan
- A great Extended Health & Dental Benefit, Group RRSP Matching, and Health Spending Account
- Paid sick, mental health and personal leave days
- Paid day for community service or volunteer opportunity
- Subsidized wellness program and an on-site gym facility
- An open, ‘continuous-learning’ environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
- Work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit and fun-loving team
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- Complimentary self-serve kitchen of fresh produce, deli meats and of course, COBS Bread and treats!
We thank all applicants for their interest in COBS Bread but would like to advise that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
About COBS Bread
With over 160 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.