- Filing and retrieval of health records according to terminal digit order
- Performs scanning related functions of the paper health record in accordance with established guidelines including preparation, scanning and indexing
- Performs quality assurance of scanned documents to ensure accuracy and legibility
- Assembling health records in accordance with established assembly order
- Sorting and insertion of loose reports into health records according to terminal digit order and approved order of filing
- Merging of hard copy charts to be centralized in Health Information
- Updating of departmental electronic Central Patient Index Signing records in and out using record locator software and bar codes
- Requests charts from off-site storage facility (Iron Mountain) and processes the received charts
- Submits workload measurement stats on a weekly basis
- Provides coverage to other Health Information clerical employees as required
As a role model and champion you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution where the possibilities for innovation, new discovery and system thinking are limitless. Women's College Hospital is committed to equity, quality and patient safety as key professional values and essential components of daily practice.
With the mobilization of our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan , WCH has entered an exciting phase of its history – strengthening its bond with partners and introducing a new and inspiring vision: Healthcare revolutionized for a healthier and more equitable world.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Health Information Management professional, preferred
- Experience working in a Health Records Department, Clinic or Hospital, an asset
- Experience working with Health Information departmental systems related to Chart Tracking, Chart Locator and Scanning
- Commitment to comply with regulations governing privacy and confidentiality of personal health information
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills
- Demonstrated record of good performance and acceptable attendance will be considered as part of the selection criteria
- Professional behaviour and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
Women's College Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance.