Join the pack, we think you’d be GREAT!
The Maintenance Grounds Manager with a willingness to assume the most effective rolewill oversee all lodge exterior operations including the maintenance and upkeep of grounds, building exterior, vehicles and equipment. All areas are maintained with a 5 Star standard for the ongoing enjoyment of our guests
- Maintain all exterior building and grounds facilities in a safe and Like New condition.
- Fleet management – cleanliness, maintenance and servicing of all Lodge vehicles and grounds equipment.
- Building exterior: window washing / cleaning, log maintenance and upkeep, seasonal décor (including timeline calendar)
- Ensuring daily / weekly / monthly tasks and projects are completed. Daily tasks include but are not limited to the cleanliness and maintenance of the following: Trash collection / trash receptacles, parking lot, walkways, signs, windows, fences, lights, gardens and grass
- Organization of warehouse and other off-site storage facilities. (Implementation of Kaizen practices)
- Application of innovative landscaping and horticultural techniques and best practices.
- Preparation of operational and capital budget.
- Mini Putt – Responsible for the daily and seasonal upkeep of Mini Putt, ensuring that all components and features are in proper working order for the enjoyment of guests.
- Management of 3rd party contracts and contractors including but not limited to GSA provisions, contractual obligations and on premise guidelines for the safe execution of all contracted work.
- Attend, participate and prepare for meetings as required.
- Accurate and up-to-date record-keeping of all journals and log books pertaining to snow removal and salting / sanding of all thoroughfares.
- Assist and support the Lodge Events programs.
- Establishment and enforcement of effective pest control program.
- Oversight and upkeep of Timber Wolf cottage grounds and features.
Standard Management Duties
- Support selecting, orienting, training, recognizing, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining Pack Members.
- Communicating job expectations; contributes to team success by being accessible and by providing timely feedback on Pack Member performance.
- Establish and maintain department standards with focus on exceptional service.
- Meets operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and review; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Evaluate, create and implement efficiencies for improved operational and service standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Contributes to department and organization mission and goals.
- Lift up to 77lbs., bending, stretching, standing and walking for long periods.
- Able to work in all weather conditions, from extreme hot to extreme cold
Great Wolf Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All applicable provincial and federal laws will be followed to ensure consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability or other classification protected by law. Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disability in accordance with applicable law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection will be made on job related factors. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Landscaping/Grounds Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)