Champ's Fresh Farms Inc. is Western Canada's largest mushroom distributor located in the Fraser Valley of southwestern British Columbia. As a prominent leader in the mushroom marketing genre, Champ's Mushrooms consistently provides leading concepts in distribution & quality control for the mushroom industry. We are now seeking for a Inventory Planner to join our team at Champs.
The primary role of the Inventory Planner is to help plan and execute efficient production flow for company’s goods, data or information. The position will work to design scheduling and staffing models that provide the best optimization of labor cost and production volume and efficiency while ensuring that proper quality assurance is provided for any products or data produced by the company.
While working with other teams and managers to determine expected production runs within the manufacturing or data information process, they will also monitor the production process as it happens, documenting all unexpected slowdowns, working proactively to identify new bottlenecks, acting to repair any malfunctioning software and excel documents, and noting any needed employee training or retraining on software or controls to improve efficiency.
KEY POSITION DUTIES AND TASKS
· Responsible for inventory control analysis via inbound inventory forecasting matched with outbound daily sales volumes. Reports are to be produced daily for the review of the Farm Farm Production Manager priorto the morning production meeting.
· Daily inventory verification checks to ensure the physical counts match the theoretical counts from all facilities. Outbound sales by SKU are to be reviewed with the Production Manager to maintain healthy KPI figures.
· Monitor all forecasting volumes with the facilities and managers. Physical counts and checks to verify the theoretical excel checks.
· Additional inbound volume purchase planning to be submitted to the Production Manager by individual SKU break down.
· Inventory planning for weekly SKU adjustments due to customer advertisement volumes.
· Monitor production processes and computer programs to ensure they run reliably and accurately.
· Suggest updates in technology or equipment replacements to make production more efficient.
· Oversee the resolution of system problems when they occur.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum requirements
· University Degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Computer Science or Management Science is preferred
· Experience: 2-4 years (co-op experience may be considered)
· Logistics: Ability to apply analytics to a supply chain environment.
· Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Office skills, as well as an aptitude to learn new systems is essential. Advanced MS Excel skills would be required. Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI would be an asset.
· Self-Motivation: Ability to complete tasks through to fruition
· Team Mindset: Strong interpersonal and team building skills
· Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Problem Solver: Ability to interpret complex issues and implement sustainable solutions
· Communication: Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility: Mindset to provide a wide range of support activities in a dynamic environment
· Calculations: Strong mathematical aptitude
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Champs Mushroom. Due to receiving high volumes of resumes we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Production Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)