RBRO Solutions is seeking a Data Migration Specialist to join our team at the head office in Pickering, Ontario.
RBRO Solutions, a leading business solutions provider, is a company dedicated to helping organizations get the greatest value from their business content and work processes. The company is trusted globally by over 400,000 business users and has worked with over 500 medium, large and Fortune 500 companies. RBRO has successfully delivered thousands of implementations, and the company’s strategic consultants offer visionary leadership to its clients by obtaining value from their content and driving greater efficiencies.
RBRO business solutions seamlessly support mission-critical business systems for top legal and corporate brands worldwide. The company was established in 2003 at the forefront of the enterprise content management, big data and document management era, and continues as a leader in its approach.
We are an entrepreneurial organization with a strong awareness that we didn’t get here all by ourselves. Our success has been built on the input of our valued team members and clients. We’re a collection of highly motivated professionals that are able to wear many hats; work hard and take time to celebrate our wins and have fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE – DATA MIGRATION SPECIALIST
Are you an innovative and creative problem solver looking for a new opportunity to sharpen your analytical skills? Do you enjoy working for fast paced entrepreneurial organizations that are focused in software development? Then, look no further!
As a Data Migration Specialist your responsibilities will be to:
- Apply relational database and data management skills to migrate data between environments, on-premise or cloud (filesystem file migrations, SQL,or via REST API based applications and custom scripting)
- Perform data validation tests before and after migration of data to improve data quality and know what unavoidable issues to anticipate
- Work with data migration tools and programming scripts (REST-based API via Postman / Powershell / Python)
- Interact with internal staff & clients to complete data migration tasks.
- Fine tune and refine existing data import processes and establish new ones.
- Manage data migration testing and reporting.
- Help identify design and user interface improvements
- Work on multiple data migration projects simultaneously
- Support the consulting team & partner migration projects
- Work flexible hours (Option to work away from office when needed)
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
WHAT RBRO OFFERS:
- 3+ years’ experience supporting data migrations and providing application support
- Strong client facing communication skills
- BA/BS (computer science or related field) or post-secondary diploma/certificate in Database programming/engineering.
- Excellent relational database programming skills (complex SQL views, procedures, functions, and cursors)
- Programming skills with scripts/programming languages to be able to perform complex data migration tasks
- Familiarity with SQL Management environment and data migration tools
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel skills (formulas and macros)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented and excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently under general direction
Our growing organization with a global presence offers a great work environment:
- Head office in the Greater Toronto Area; close to the Pickering GO train station
- Comprehensive full health benefits plan with disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial culture where collaboration and ideas are valued
- Progressive green policies and tools that are environmentally friendly
- Flexible work options including flex hours, telecommuting and summer hours
- Energetic and simulating work environment with annual employee awards and regular employee events
Interested applicants can forward their résumé and cover letter via the online form below.
Please no phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly by RBRO. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. RBRO Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process based on the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please advise us of any needs when your interview is booked.