PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Public Works Supervisor is responsible for the provision of services and active management of the Public Works Department, including Parks and Cemetery.
Focusing on strategic long-term asset management, the Public Works Supervisor will focus on the design and implementation of asset management related duties and work prioritization activities. Implementation and creation of asset management databases and tracking will characterize work priorities with consideration to budget constraints and progressive planning.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12, GED or Mature High School Diploma, post-secondary education in civil engineering and business management desired, or equivalent combination of education/experience in a related field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years progressive experience in management and supervision of staff preferably in a municipal or unionized environment with experience in plumbing and utility construction maintenance and asset management is desirable.
- Valid certification required – Operator 2 Licensing in Wastewater Collection & Water Distribution.
- Mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and internet with the ability to learn new technology.
- Use of AutoCAD, ArcMap and ArcGIS desktop and online tools is desirable.
- Knowledge in predictive maintenance programs and conditions monitoring for above and below ground asset management programs is desirable.
- Cartographic technology and GIS applications; computerized data compilation and conversion techniques; computer aided mapping and graphic technics.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to direct, supervise, mentor and reprimand staff.
- Physically capable to preform duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
This is a permanent, non-union, full-time management opportunity (40 hours per week Monday to Friday), with duties performed in office and/or at various outdoor locations in the Town of Neepawa.
Please contact the Town Office @ 204-476-7655 for position details.
Range of Pay: $27.54 to $31.16 dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Applications, including Resume’, will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2019 at:
Town of Neepawa, P.O. Box 339, 275 Hamilton Street, Neepawa, MB, R0J 1H0
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $57,000.00 to $64,000.00 /year
- management/supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Wastewater Collection & Water Distribution Level 2 (Required)
- English (Required)