Job Title: Asphalt Plant Loader
Status: Full-time permanent position
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: 22423 Twp Rd 552, Sturgeon Industrial Park, Alberta (Near Edmonton & Fort Saskatchewan)
Reporting to: Facility Manager - Edmonton Terminal
McAsphalt Industries Limited, formed in 1970, is a diversified Canadian company committed to the development, production, distribution and marketing of asphaltic products, related services and technology. Recognized as the industry leader, McAsphalt offers the widest range of asphalt products from our 26 strategically located terminals, coast to coast, across Canada. The company’s success is based on our employees’ dedication to providing total customer satisfaction by supplying superior quality asphalt products combined with strong, experienced technical support.
In the position of Asphalt Plant Loader your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, loading/offloading trucks, manufacturing asphaltic products, preventative maintenance and other general labour duties at the McAsphalt Edmonton Terminal. You will follow all standard operating procedures and policies established by the McAsphalt Operations department.
Successful candidates will be computer literate and will have a minimum High School/College Diploma, or equivalent experience. Experience at a bulk liquid plant is considered an asset.
You will be required to work on different work schedules including continental shift and week-ends.
This position is subject to temporary lay-off during the off season (winter). A good sense of humor will also be required.
More specifically, you must have:
- Must have reliable transportation as there is no public transit to access our terminal;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Responsible, resourceful and autonomous;
- Ability to work outdoors in all environments;
- Ability to work at height;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the field of construction;
- Ability to work on call and work overtime in case of emergency;
- Training in electromechanical, industrial mechanics, chemical processes or electrical engineering will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of production processes, delta v automation, pumps, piping, heat tracing, hot oil heaters are assets;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in small teams.
Interested candidates are asked to apply immediately by responding directly to this job posting to send a copy of your resume and cover letter for this position:
Asphalt Plant Loader Position - Sturgeon County - # FP030519
22423 Twp Rd 552, Sturgeon Industrial Park
McAsphalt Industries offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefit plan and opportunities for growth and development.
Do not forget to visit our website to learn more about our company at www.mcasphalt.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ability to work outdoors in all environments: 1 year (Preferred)
- working schedules rotating shift and weekend: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sturgeon County, AB (Preferred)
- reliable transportation as there is no public transit (Preferred)