Coldbox Builders Inc., a national ICI Design Build Firm specialized and focused on the Food Manufacturing and 3PL Industries in Canada.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to develop, lead and manage our Planning and Design team. The team will consist of internal and certain external Engineers, Architects, Designers, and Planning/Design Coordinators. The Engineering Manager will report directly to the Director of Design Build and be involved in projects from initial sale concept to project completion. The successful candidate will be a Professional Engineer in good standing with an entrepreneurial spirit who is energetic and driven towards building and maintaining a high performing planning and design team.
The Engineering Manager’s prime function is to ensure that work is assigned and completed by the design team and that deliverables meet; the Owner’s Requirements, production milestones for our internal construction teams, codes and bylaws and the high-quality standards of Coldbox Builders. It is critical that the Engineering Manager drives the need for and collaboration of communication whereby accurate and comprehensive design information is being shared, circulated and delivered through all departments from concept through construction.
The Engineering Manager will be accountable for ensuring the department produces comprehensive, complete and properly detailed design drawings for all projects. This role will also be responsible for review and stamping of all design packages.
- Review, Seal and Issue all planning and practical/economical design packages.
- Track the annual budget and efficiency of the planning and design team.
- Work with the Director of Design Build to grow and develop the planning and design team for continuous improvement of performance efficiency.
- Timeliness of planning and design outputs.
- Overall performance of the design staff members.
- Support in estimating engineering work cost ensuring profitability & competitiveness with the market place.
- Self-performance of certain design, engineering and project management duties as required.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Applied Science.
- Professional Engineering designation in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in managing a multidisciplinary Engineering Team, Office or Division.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience engaged in the design of industrial facilities.
Coldbox builders deliver Design Build solutions to clients across North America. Proponents must be able to travel within North America for short stays of 1 or 2 days potentially 4 to 6 times a year depending on project requirements.
The hiring company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 10 years (Required)
- design of industrial facilities: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Professional Engineering (Preferred)