Program: Residential Services
***Status: ON-CALL - Replacement for overnight shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays. Minimum availability required. No guaranteed hours.
Reporting to: Program Manager – Clinical Services
As a member of the residential rehabilitation team, you will be responsible:
- To ensure the safety and security, and the physical and emotional well-being, of the residents and their children overnight.
- To assist and support mothers with basic childcare as needed during the overnight hours (this could include feedings, diapering, soothing, etc.)
- To ensure a in the event a client experiences difficulty or a personal crisis of some sort.
- To monitor the nighttime activities of the residents by conducting regular rounds throughout the building and to intervene as necessary.
- To carry out infection prevention duties related to residential program thereby contributing to the health and safety of the environment.
- To manage and follow through on shift responsibilities.
- To perform all other related duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- High School Leaving Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to relate well with adolescent mothers
- Knowledge of infant and child needs and developmental stages
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- NOTE: testing of French proficiency will take place as part of the interview process.
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience:
- Knowledge of maternity and parenting
- Previous experience working with babies/children and mothers/teenagers
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.73 to $20.22 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)