We have a fantastic opportunity in Nanaimo at one of our hospitals, Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital! We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual for a receptionist position. We are very flexible in terms of hours. We are a busy 24-hour small animal hospital serving most of Vancouver Island. This is a perfect opportunity to work in a challenging yet supportive environment where learning and development opportunities are endless.
- Provide excellent customer care
- Answer phones, emails and respond to client needs
- Maintain and update client records in our practice management software
- Assist with patient care, when needed
As our ideal candidate, you will:
- Be flexible to work evenings/weekends.
- Be comfortable handling animals
- Have prior experience assisting with medical procedures, administering medication and client care ( preferred but not required)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to learn medical terminology
- Be comfortable working under pressure, while keeping calm
- Have a sense of good judgment
- Be proactive and take initiatives to work effectively without supervision
- Be able to prioritize your workload
We offer a competitive compensation, health & dental benefits, Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts and an exciting work environment! Do not miss out on this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: starting at $16.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)