ABOUT IMAGE ENGINE
Image Engine is a world-class VFX studio based in Vancouver, BC, that has built a reputation for excellence in the visual effects industry since 1995. We specialize in crafting stunning visual effects for feature films and television with an award-winning portfolio that includes The Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian, Game Of Thrones, Lost in Space, Jurassic World, and District 9.
We offer a full range of visual effects services, from concept designs and pre-visualization to CG animation, compositing, and explosive volumetric digital effects. Our crew is passionate about storytelling and pushing the artistic and technical boundaries to deliver the highest quality work on every project. R&D is central to our philosophy of driving creativity through innovation and we're committed to continually evolving our robust production pipelines.
At Image Engine, we value diversity and teamwork, and we're proud to foster a workplace culture that is supportive, respectful, and empowering. We believe that our success is a reflection of our exceptionally talented team, and we're always looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join us on our mission to create unforgettable visual experiences. Join our team and be part of something extraordinary.
Supporting the finance team, the Junior Accountant will assist with the day-to-day operations of
the department. They are responsible for a variety of duties including preparing journal entries,
maintaining the ledger, dealing with employee queries, reconciliations, and processing
expenses. This position has no two days the same and will require the ability to adapt to the
needs of the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and post AP invoices, prepare weekly payables runs and process payments
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare regular GST, PST, and other sales tax remittance filings
- Manage expense reports and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare payroll journal entries and be the Payroll Administrator backup
- Support Controller with month-end closing process
- Perform monthly data integrity checks and balancing reports for AP, correcting where
- Be able to forecast and manage payment due dates and make payments timely
- Be the first point of contact for all Accounts Payable related enquiries and queries
- Manage accounts payable inbox, inquiries, and vendors
- Update the team on deadlines and tasks on a weekly basis
- Challenge the status quo to drive efficiencies and innovation
- Take direction from senior team members
- Create a positive and safe work environment
- Learn from mistakes and reflect to develop
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Support the finance team with administration tasks
- Regular collaboration with the finance team to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with year-end audit requirements and prepare annual audit working papers and
- Contribute to finance projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to solve issues, create processes and ensure clear
communication to the wider studio
- Work closely with the Finance, HR and Payroll team to ensure information flows
- React professionally to feedback; reflect, be curious and adapt as is suitable
- React positively to changes in production
- Review existing workflows to identify where efficiencies can be made
- Prioritize tasks appropriately and ask for help when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with timely results
- High level working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of SAP ByDesign is an asset
- Working towards CPA Designation is an asset
- Knowledge of the Visual Effects industry is an asset