Scholastic Canada is the country's leading publisher and distributor of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and professional Trade Sales Representative, French with a proven ability to formulate sound business plans, maximize opportunities, develop effective long-term business relationships and exceed customer expectations. The account focus will be Costco Canada (French), French e-customers, and full responsibility of all salons du livre in Québec. The position will report to the Vice President, French Division.
Note: This is a maternity leave contract with the potential for Full Time or extension.
What you will do:
- Deliver product presentations, and marketing/coop plans.
- Present business reviews and provide market intelligence to your accounts that will educate, inform and identify opportunities.
- Build dynamic relationships with accounts at various levels: buying, marketing, finance.
- Analysis of POS sell through data to maximize business opportunities while minimizing risk.
- Develop forecasts that best reflect market realities; update forecasts as required, at minimum on a monthly.
- Timely and effective review of actual performance to ensure goals are achieved and adjust plans as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders to help facilitate the account management and ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Plan, manage and monitor results of all co-op promotional programs.
- Identify and execute promotional and merchandising opportunities, analyze results and minimize returns.
- Maximize opportunities for the 18 salons du livre and various conferences across Canada.
- Participate actively in the elaboration of the French publishing programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
How you will fit into the team?
- Customer driven approach.
- Comfortable collaborating and working in a team environment.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets though self-motivation, persistence and determination.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills. Problem analysis and problem resolution both at a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to create business presentations, excel files and read POS sales reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, able to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial, inquisitive and innovative spirit.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ national sales and account management experience.
- Publishing or Consumer Goods experience preferred.
- Bilingual (French/English).
- Exceptional French communication skills, comfortable communicating in various virtual platforms; Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet.
- Proficiency with Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Asana.
- Working knowledge of BNC Salesdata, Catalist and Gaspard is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period.
- Flexible work environment.
- Employee discounts on Scholastic books and merchandise.
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We believe in: the worth and dignity of each individual, respect for the diverse groups in our multicultural society, the right of each individual to live in a wholesome environment, high moral and spiritual values, the democratic way of life with basic liberties and responsibilities for everyone, representative government and even-handed justice that maintains equality of rights for all people, cooperation and understanding among all people for the peace of the world, the basic freedoms of all individuals (we oppose discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, creed, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or national origin), and the fair discussion of all sides of the issues of our time (with deep respect for facts and logical thinking in our books, classroom magazines, and educational materials used in schools and homes).
Recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities are available to applicants who are selected for an interview. Please notify the interviewer in advance of any accommodations you require.
Contract length: 14 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- sales: 3 years (preferred)
- Bilingual (French/English) (preferred)
- Drivers License (preferred)