Job Number: 84233
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Organization: Strategic Initiatives
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 43.8700 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 56.2400
Post Date: Oct 22, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Oct 29, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
In accordance with our organizational commitment to provide the Best Care for All, the Quality and Value Improvement Program provides infrastructure and leadership essential to achieving HHS’ strategic and operational objectives. The Program is responsible for identifying, designing, planning, supporting, executing and evaluating improvement initiatives throughout the organization that deliver results and increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of HHS activities. The focus on Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and the associated Shingo behaviours and management system tools are a cornerstone of the Program's focus.
Supported by evidenced based tools and methodologies the Program develops standardized methodologies, reports, tools and metrics to support decision-making, planning and performance monitoring; provides proactive identification and prioritization of improvement and efficiency opportunities; develops organizational infrastructure and supports required to progress annual and long-term operational planning; and supports the advancement of data analytic activities that drive financial and clinical performance including predictive modeling and statistical analysis.
The Quality and Value Improvement Program also provides corporate and local education, training and support to staff and physicians to ensure quality knowledge and skill is developed, advanced and spread throughout Hamilton Health Sciences.
HHS is committed to an aligned, coordinated and standardized organization-wide approach to a continuous quality improvement management system (CQI) Reporting to the Senior Improvement Advisor, Quality and Value Improvement , the QS CQI Coach will support the implementation of the Continuous Quality Improvement Management System, and will be responsible to educate, apply and coach elements of the system: status sheets, daily huddles, problem solving thinking and process observation. The QS CQI Coach will assist with identifying, designing, planning, supporting, executing and evaluating local improvement initiatives. They expertly apply and support the application of quality improvement, change management, problem solving and project management tools within the HHS Model for Change and Improvement (Define Plan-Do-Study-Act) to support continuous improvement. Major areas of responsibility include the facilitation and coaching of all elements aligned within CQI.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday, days
1. Masters degree in related field including Health Policy, Engineering, Business Management, Epidemiology.
2.Educational preparation in process/quality improvement, certificate in quality improvement or equivalent training in the use of quality improvement methods and tools (ie Lean Black Belt, Six Sigma)
3. Knowledge and application of a business performance system such as a Lean management system, particularly in a hospital environment.
4. Work experience in, or applicable to, hospital settings, and health care and service delivery issues across the continuum of care (e.g. acute, community, long-term care, planning and policy)
5. Experience with (re) designing and optimizing processes, resource utilization, work flow, and patient/customer experience.
6. Experience in accessing, synthesizing, and leveraging the most current knowledge (research literature, publications) to inform decisions and support change and improvement.
7. Demonstrated use of various data sources (eg. External benchmarking reports, internal databases, work load measurement, satisfaction surveys, quality of work-life surveys)
8. Demonstrated ability identify, collect, analyze, interpret, and realize value-add from data relevant to opportunities, uqestions, and problems at hand.
9. Proven skills in statistics and experimental design, and a commitment to continuous learning.
10. Proven project management skills.
11. Proven leadership abilities, effective communication (written and verbal), facilitation and coaching skills, and the ability to design and deliver effective presentations.
12. Knowledge of effective change management strategies and proven successes as a change agent.
13. Possess excellent interpersonal skills dealing/collaborating with diverse professional stakeholder groups in both “corporate” and local situations.
14. Proficiency in use of office support software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, MS Project, and Access) and in use of statistical software packages (eg. MiniTab, SPSS-PC, Process MA) and process design/improvement software packages (eg. Simul8, Med Model, Arena, Visio)
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement