The Valley Journal Advertiser is a part of SaltWire Network - the region’s leading media and marketing solutions company - reaches millions of people every, single day. Through our digital, mobile and printed media offerings, we’ve become the largest media platform in Atlantic Canada.
We are seeking a dedicated journalist who is capable of gathering news and delivering stories and features, taking photographs and producing video for distribution across multiple media platforms including print and websites. The successful candidate must thrive under deadline pressure with a desire to be the first to provide breaking news and insight for our readers, demonstrate great news judgment and is able to develop and present compelling, relevant content on a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and social media, and print.
Our core values: Proactively Team Up, Celebrate Others, Stick-with-it-ness, Client at the Heart of Everything, Do the Right Thing, Pride in Work, Open-Minded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reporting, editing and publishing quality content for a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, social media, print – as well as tailoring content to meet the needs and deadlines of those platforms;
- Carrying out news assignments as given – as well as generating and developing ideas independently;
- Shooting and editing photos and video to illustrate stories - assigned or on own initiative;
- Assisting online staff in preparing multimedia/interactive stories;
- Strategically engaging in social media – gathering, publishing and promoting content;
- Meeting performance standards to achieve strategic objectives and goals laid out in job KPI’s; and,
- Other duties as required.
- Journalism or equivalent industry experience;
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems;
- Experience with “spot news” – proven ability to react quickly to breaking events; and,
- Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting/editing photos, video;
- A valid Driver’s License.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online or forward their cover letter and resume, quoting posting #119-19, before 11:59 p.m. on the November 26, 2019 closing date to:
Human Resources Department
By Mail: P O Box 610, Halifax, NS B3J 2T2
Fax: (902) 426.0449
We look forward to meeting you.
Job Type: Full-time