Job Title: Digital Communications Assistant
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Full-Time, contract
Contract duration: Approximately 12 weeks
Salary: To be determined, commensurate with experience
Deadline to Apply: Please submit applications (resume and cover letter) by Wednesday, June 19th at 11:59pm.
Summary of Duties
The Glebe BIA is seeking digital champion for the position of Digital Communications Assistant for our Digital Main Street initiative. Digital Main Street is a program designed to support the growth of main street businesses by making the adoption of digital tools and technologies easy.
The Digital Communications Assistant will be responsible for providing digital media and marketing assistance to brick-and-mortar businesses in the Glebe, including one-on-one training, consultations, activation/implementation services and more.
The ideal candidate will meet the qualifying criteria:
- Possesses a degree or diploma in marketing, communications or related field
- Familiar with all current digital technologies, including website building, e-commerce, social media and SEO
- Previous experience in a sales role, with strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with clients
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a teaching role considered a strong asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Conduct an in-person digital assessment with Glebe business and on-board them on the Digital Main Street platform
- Based on the assessment results, provide guidance, resources and recommendations on how businesses can improve their online presence and digital footprint
- Assist businesses in identifying their priorities/areas of focus based on their goals and objectives
- Arrange follow-up appointments with members to offer one-on-one training on the identified priorities
- Help to activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that support economic development
- Track progress and provide weekly status updates through the Digital Main Street online portal
- Report daily to the Glebe BIA
- Perform other duties as assigned
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with the Glebe BIA.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract