Are you a friendly, caring professional who is passionate about providing exceptional senior care?
If so, you should consider joining Christenson Communities! We’re looking for a casual Companion to join our team at our Bedford Village location in Sherwood Park.
Christenson Communities has over 1,500 Retirement Living Suites located in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Red Deer, Lacombe and Rocky Mountain House. Many of these Communities are integrated into Christenson's innovative "Urban Village" concept. These sustainable communities are planned with the future in mind, and offer active adults a choice of housing styles in a centrally located village with shopping, transit, and professional services situated around public parks and linear walkways.
Christenson Communities offers a lifestyle that is worry-free, comfortable, fun, active and social. With different lifestyle options including independent living, supportive living and assisted living, Christenson Communities is here to provide the best quality senior care services.
Working under the supervision of a health professional and the recreation department, this position provides support through friendship and companionship that will enable people to live more independent and fulfilling lives in their community. The focus of this position is on providing health and wellness opportunities for residents through social interaction and personal support providing opportunities to be engaged and experience companionship and support in everyday life. This position also provides light housekeeping duties.
· Completed application
· CPR, and First Aid Certification as asset
· Experience in Assisted Living or Long Term Care setting an asset
· Proficient with computers and software systems
· Must have a strong understanding of the English language
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Understanding, patient, gentle, and non-judgmental
· Mature and dependable
· Ability to work well with others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations
· Outstanding customer service focus
· Willing and able to keep information about residents confidential
· Respect the resident’s rights to privacy and to be treated with dignity
Other Bona-Fide Occupational Requirements
· Physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of the position (may be required to lift, move, push, or pull objects weighing up to 20 kilograms).
· Ability to work on his/her feet for a complete shift while constantly bending, stretching, walking, lifting or moving things.
· A current and clear Criminal Records Check completed in the past six (6) months including Vulnerable Sector Check is required for all new site-based employees.
· Physically capable of performing assigned duties within a flexible work schedule inside a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
· Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends, as required. There is flexibility in hours and will be discussed further.
This job description indicates representative responsibilities and specifications of the position only and should not be considered to necessarily represent all responsibilities and specifications of the position. The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned, which are not specified in this description. A review and update of this job description will take place at the yearly performance review.
At Christenson Communities we make it our priority to foster inclusive work environments welcomed to diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to accommodating prospective employees. Please let us know how we can accommodate you in our hiring process
Job Types: Part-time, Casual