Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
We are currently searching for an Equipment Operator to join our Vancouver team. This position reports to the Plant Supervisor.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Employee discount programs!
- Be part of an organization that wans to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safe and efficient operation of a Propane Forklift
- Moving bins, bales and shipping/receiving
- Daily inspection of equipment and documentation of daily inspection
- Communicate with Supervisor and Management regarding concerns or suggestions
- All other duties as assigned
- Certified and trained to operate a Propane Forklift
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Must be available for overtime work
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.