The Accounting Technician position is a senior-level position that allows individuals to continue building experience within the accounting field and get an in-depth knowledge on the day-to-day responsibilities and duties of bookkeeping and accounting.
Ideal candidates will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. Experience working in Quickbooks Online and Excel are considered an asset. Experience with other industry-specific billing and sales softwares (e.g. Clio, MindBody, Accuro, etc.) is preferred, but not mandatory. Successful candidates shall begin work on-site at our office on 14221 Woodbine Avenue, Stouffville ON, L4A 2G4. The successful candidate will also be required to work at our Vaughan Office for a few days of the week, as well as occasionally commute to a client's place of business.
- Prepare financial statements and accounting reports, such as Income Statements, Balance Sheets, etc;
- Enter journal entries, maintain general ledgers and prepare trial balances;
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns;
- Prepare and submit various tax remittance forms (e.g. HST, GST, etc.), pension contribution forms, workers’ compensation forms (e.g. WSIB) and payroll deductions;
- Calculate and prepare payroll, as well as ensure payment is done correctly and on time;
- Process, post and pay bills for various clients; and
- Duties will be performed in English.
- Completion of a Secondary School Diploma is mandatory;
- Completion of a post-secondary program in bookkeeping, accounting or a similar field OR completion of two years of a recognized professional accounting or bookkeeping program (e.g. Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Professional Bookkeeper) OR courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required; and
- MUST be fluent in English.
- Successful candidates will be paid $27/hour on a full-time basis or $56,160 a year.
Reference Number: ABM-2023-004
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $56,160.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stouffville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Are you considered a Canadian citizen, a permanent or temporary resident of Canada?
- Secondary School (required)
- Accounting/Bookkeeping: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person