ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. is looking for a new Business Coach with a passion for connecting with community members and mentoring small businesses on Vancouver Island. The Business Coach will work with the WorkBC Employment Services Centres Cowichan Region and the Island Ops Program. In this position, you will provide your expert knowledge and skill to mentor, coach, and guide aspiring self-employment clients.
As a member of the WorkBC Client Services Team and the Island Ops Program, the Business Coach evaluates and guides new entrepreneurs in developing business concepts and plans, leading to successful small business start-up. The Business Coach assists in all business planning areas to prepare clients to present their business idea to the adjudication committee (Business Development) while providing ongoing support and advice to successful applicants and monitors business growth (Business Implementation).
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business Management, Economics and/or Financial Planning, or related field
- 3 or more years business concept and plan, analyzing and evaluation, coaching and mentoring experience with new entrepreneurs
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities and working with clients from a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Currently or previously been self-employed; understanding of challenges faced by entrepreneurs
- Extensive experience building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
- Knowledge in legal matters, business fundamentals, including feasibility of a business idea, plan development and business operations
- Experience delivering services online and aptitude for working with various computer systems
- Knowledge of WorkBC services and other programs and resources available to support self-employment
Closing Date: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest in ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- business coaching: 3 years (Required)