Sleeping Giant Brewing Co. is an independent, family owned craft brewery based in Northern Ontario. Our location is a 12,000-sq. ft. production brewery and tap room on a 2.0-acre site at the corner of Squier and Macdonell Street.
- To make the Sleeping Giant Brewing Co. tap room into a community hub, full of events, meetings, presentations, and gatherings.
- To offer beer education events and with the newly built Barrel House, to provide a unique and friendly event space.
About the position:
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for liaising with clients on client-initiated events as well as leading some of the 25 SGBC events hosted annually.
- This position also requires the candidate to work bar shifts, serve customers in our retail space, and assist where required with other areas within SGBC. We expect a high level of customer service.
The Event Coordinator will:
- Communicate with all clients on client-lead events and assist in turning inquiries into bookings.
- Secure, plan, set up, lead and tear down all events in your portfolio. This includes but is not limited to staff event training and communication re: tap room events. Client meetings and room set ups. Post-event clean up, client follow up, and event billing.
- Financial forecasting and budgeting for your event portfolio, accountability, staff scheduling, internal event communication and creating and maintaining event workback schedules and financials.
- Work bar and retail shifts as scheduled.
The Event Coordinator will assist the Event and Retail Managers as requested.
Enhanced Customer Experience
- Maintain a welcoming, educational, exciting and inviting experience.
- Exceed Tap Room guest expectations and overall brewery visitor experience.
Co-worker team development
- Event communication to all SGBC staff by training, communicating and coaching tap room and retail staff job expectations and event information.
- Maintain safe, healthy and sustainable tap room and event environment
- Exceed co-worker expectations of Sleeping Giant Brewing Co.
- Assist the Manager in meeting tap room financial objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals.
- Manage your SGBC event budgets.
- Be fiscally responsible.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer
- Cicerone Certification desired or willing to achieve certification
- 1 year bar/restaurant, brewery/winery, retail management experience
- 1 year event experience preferred
- Marketing, and budgetary controls
- Knowledge and experience with Restaurant POS Systems (we use Touch Bistro)
- Skills and experience in verbal and written communication and customer focus.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented and able to take initiative
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and events
The right person will be a major part of the Sleeping Giant Brewing Co. event team.
Sleeping Giant Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met. We appreciate your interest in the position and welcome your application, however only those retained for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time