Quality Assurance Engineer Intern
Zennea is an early-stage medical device company that is creating a breakthrough therapeutic device for treating upper airway resistance syndromes to improve health through sleep. We are a participant at Johnson and Johnson Innovations JLABS, HAX alumni, Creative Destruction Labs start-up, and most recently we participated in the inaugural Google Female Founder program. Zennea has excellent backing from its investors and is poised for growth.
Founded during a senior capstone project at Simon Fraser University, after a year of working in the lab, the founding team went to Shenzhen, China, and San Francisco as a part of SOSV’s HAX Hardware Accelerator. Since then, the team has been a part of the exciting ecosystem of Shenzhen/Silicon Valley, while enjoying the benefits of having a head office in Vancouver.
Zennea is looking for people who emulate our values of Excellence, Respect, and Open-mindedness in whatever job you are working on.
Zennea is looking to add a 4-month full-time Quality Assurance Engineer intern from January 2022 to April 2022 to our growing team for one semester with the possibility of extending it to two terms. The role involves creating and conducting critical tests that will impact future product design decisions. The right candidate will be an inquisitive individual looking to gather evidence to solve problems related to product requirements in order to deliver on the functional requirements of our ZENS System. This role is not remote and will require you to work from our office.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Analyze engineering requirements and write verification test procedures
- Assist in product design documentation review for safety, consistency, traceability, and compliance to regulations (ISO 13485)
- Collaborate on writing, and perform software installations, configurations, and test execution according to written test procedures
- Document problems found during verification testing
- Support the development of test requirements based on design requirements
- Design detailed test plans and formal reports for mechanical/electrical components or subassemblies
- Report out to product development team on results and recommendations
- Generate, maintain, and update engineering documentation, including standard operating procedures, specifications, flow diagrams, and test reports
- Test equipment troubleshooting for either mechanical or electrical systems.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics systems engineering, physics engineering, or like degree
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Experience problem-solving in real-time required
- Familiarity with debug/analysis tools (SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.) is an asset
- Experience developing in a regulated or heavily documented industry is an asset
This role will be funded through the Career Ready Grant and requires the student to meet the following criteria, please see their website for more details: https://itac-careerready.smapply.io
Zennea Technologies is dedicated to helping its employees grow and develop technical and soft skills in an innovative and collaborative environment. Zennea Technologies is an equal opportunity employer with an inclusive culture. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 4-8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers: 1 year (preferred)