Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Project Manager is responsible for delivering an enabling the execution of digital health projects for the Southlake Ontario Health Team and the Southlake Regional Health Centre. This could include collaboration with a number of other hospitals, community partners, and private sector technology vendors.
The role will also have a secondary objective to support the development of any corporate processes that are implemented around project management and associated governance within Southlake.
- University Degree in Business, IT, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of leading and convening projects of complex scope.
- Minimum of 3 years of implementing and using change management practices.
- Experience in the healthcare environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management principles and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge developing and implementing change management plans in the health care environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of interprofessional collaboration and education.
- Proven organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to Southlake Regional Health Centre standards.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, be self-motivated, work under pressure and have a strong service orientation.
- Proven experience in needs assessment, analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative and/or departmental policies required to create standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
- Strong financial and scheduling abilities.
- Fundamental understanding of financial structures related to financing on projects.
- Strong leader with the ability to lead teams both directly and through influence.
- Strong negotiator and mediator skills.
- Strong understanding of information systems and electronic health record.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Proven attendance record.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of project documentation, including but not limited to, project charters, scope management plans, project schedules, change management plans, communication plans, risk registers, and stakeholder management plans, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze short and long-term goals and outcomes.
- Plan and ensure resource availability and allocation. When required, develop mitigation plans around resource challenges.
- Develop a project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate change management processes.
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks, including the reporting and escalation of risks and issues to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and manage project budgets, including operational budget management.
- Provide effective and clear communications, including the delivery of presentations, across all associated stakeholders using appropriate channels and messages.
- Coordinate internal resources, other hospitals (where appropriate) and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Delegate project tasks based to team members, based on their individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Responsible for the management of direct reports as well as indirect reports associated with particular projects
- Provide core human resource management responsibilities including hiring, performance reviews, terminations, payroll management
- Management may extend to resources hired specifically for designated projects
- Provides opportunities for orientation and ongoing training for project staff and/or direct reports.
- Establishes performance expectations, both individual and team directed.
- Provides leadership/direction for support staff assigned to project teams.
- Support the development of project management resources
- Maintain project competencies, awareness of industry trends
- Coaching and mentorship of team members and stakeholders on roles, responsibilities
- In addition to these responsibilities, there may be other activities related to emerging organizational requirements.