We are a small but growing graphic design / print / digital marketing company that is seeking an experienced designer looking to grow with the company.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and flexible hours.
This is a creative position that requires a strong combination of both design and communication skills. The successful candidate will work closely with the creative director, clients and graphics team to help develop their ideas into production. The environment is challenging, fast paced and fun.
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in a creative environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work directly with the client to complete projects
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software is mandatory (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Post Secondary Certification in Graphic Design
- Proven and demonstrated artistic ability and technical skill set, preferably in Print Layout.
- Knowledge of the print industry is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the principles of graphic design including, layout, colour theory, graphic style and the dynamics of vibrant composition.
- Strong eye for design and innovation, able to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to set and achieve high creative standards.
- Ability to work independently with a history of high-end aesthetic and technical execution.
- Ability to multi-task and jump from project to project while maintaining professional service and quality
- Create marketing materials for a number of different clients and industries
- Prepare files for print, submitting files to the printer.
- Incorporate graphics into presentation boards, documents and digital formats using print media techniques as well as digital publishing (including web) methods.
- Responsible for communicating and taking feedback directly from the client
- Position will be in-office (quiet office, not high traffic)
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Print: 2 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Required)
- Draft mockups of website designs, brochures, iconography, and any other marketing materials required
- Collaborate with marketing teams and management to discuss which mockups are effective, and use their feedback to develop final drafts
- Revise the work of previous designers to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
- Communicate frequently with clients to update them on the progress of the project and to answer any questions they might have
- Other duties as requested
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place