The Computing Infrastructure Research Centre (CIRC) at McMaster University is bringing transformative changes in the way data centres (DCs) and other forms of computing infrastructure are designed, built, and operated. CIRC is the first data centre research facility in Canada and among very few others worldwide, and boasts a pioneering model of university-industry collaboration. Its research is market-focused and needs-driven, ensuring that its resources are fully leveraged in solving problems that create value to industry and society.
CIRC is looking for an independent, self-motivated full-time employee with an educational background in Computer Science or Software Engineering, to work as part of high-performing teams that develop and improve ICT related software systems. Our personnel have opportunities to work across many IT technologies within a continuous improvement culture. As personnel capabilities expand over time, responsibilities widen and the opportunity for advancement grows.
What you will do as a Software developer at CIRC
- Design, develop and deliver commercial quality web-based, desktop and mobile applications.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Rapidly build prototypes.
- Support software installation process.
- Assist with third-level technical support for customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Technical skills:
o Databases such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB and SQL.
o Node.js and NPM.
o RabbitMQ / AMQP.
o Java, PHP, C++.
- Good working knowledge of Bootstrap and Responsive design.
- Good working knowledge of Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes.
- Experienced in writing / consuming REST APIs, concept of Micro-services.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle: analysis, design, implementation, testing, commissioning, validation & documentation.
- Teamwork and collaboration with technical & Multi-Discipline teams.
- 0 – 5 years’ professional experience.
Bonus skills or nice to have:
- Experience with Embedded programming (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry pi systems, ESP8266)
For further information about the position, please visit our website circ.mcmaster.ca
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Angular6 or 7: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- ElasticSearch: 1 year (Preferred)
- ReactJS: 1 year (Preferred)