This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Canadian industry leader in the underground pipe inspection industry. Hathorn Corporation (www.hathorncorp.com) has been in business for over 15 years designing, manufacturing and selling underground pipe inspection equipment. We are in an exciting growth phase and require the help of an experienced Electrical Product Manager/Technician to take the lead on problem diagnosis, component sourcing and product upgrades.
The Electrical Product Manager/Technician will be located at our HQ in Markham and have broad responsibility for the product suite and the independence to mange their time. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with around 3 years of experience in electronics design and repair looking for the next step in their career or perhaps someone that has extensive experience in TV repair or electronics repair that is looking to a change and a new challenge.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to work in Canada.
Key duties include:
- Support the repair centers by assisting with difficult functional repair problems as they arise. Requires investigation of problems in tandem with service techs.
- Provide technical support for customers by taking phone in service questions that cannot be adequately answered by the repair center serviceman
- Addressing warranty issues
- We work with electronics and circuit boards so knowledge of those is key
- Manage the electronic aspects of new product design, when products are being upgraded
- Diagnosis of errors and problems with PCBs, cable, sending units, LCD screens and signal transmitters (sondes)
- Manage the process of improving the functionality or reliability of products by sourcing and evaluating and testing of electronic components
- Will include regular interface with external PCB designer
- Translate market demands into product improvements or functional upgrades
- Work closely with our internal mechanical designer to ensure that the electrical and mechanical aspects of systems mesh together for easy assembly
- Oversee electrical product assembly staff, contributing to final assembly in busy periods
- Manage electrical product inventory
- Quality Assurance of final product
Key skills for this role are going to be:
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with micro-electronic systems and printed circuit boards
- Experience fixing and diagnosing electrical faults (TV repair, electronics repair, LED lights etc.) is a must have
- Ability to read/update simple schematics and wiring diagrams
- Problem solving skills - resourceful, uncovers ways to overcome obstacles, asks ‘why’, thinks ahead, does not work in isolation
- Communication - positive, professional manner with colleagues and clients
- Collaborative - contributes to team achievement and success
- Organization and time-management - works efficiently to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to create and update schematic drawings is an asset
- Fluent in verbal and written English is a must
- Cantonese would be an asset but not required
- Ample opportunity for promotion and growth within the company for the long term
- Office hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. We rarely work overtime.
- Opportunity for further training
- Collaborative atmosphere that recognizes dedication and innovation
- Health and dental package
- Progressive salary and bonus structure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $32.50 /hour
- Electrical problem diagnosis and repair: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Markham, ON (Required)
- English (Preferred)