27-2020 Posted: June 23, 2020
Duties • Reporting to the City Clerk, the Deputy Clerk assists the City Clerk by providing
administrative and research support for all Council and Committee secretariat services
related to records management, municipal and school board elections, licensing, vital
statistics, by-laws, meeting agendas and official minutes. Manages the day-to-day
operations of parking and parking enforcement division of the Clerk’s office. To perform
all statutory duties of the City Clerk (Commissioner of Oaths, Issuer of Licenses and
Marriage Officiate, Elections Officer).
- Research, interpret and draft by-laws, agreements, reports and documents utilizing
information obtained from statutes, policies, other government jurisdictions and public
- Attend Council/committee and other related meetings, providing advisory, research and
secretariat services, present findings, advise on procedural matters and respond to
questions on behalf of the City Clerk.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the City’s crossing guard, parking and parking
enforcement functions, including staff scheduling, performance management,
development of parking strategies, review and administer ticketing and collection
processes, budget monitoring and training.
- Administer corporate record management services for by-laws, agreements and other
corporate documents, to ensure access to information is done in accordance with
regulations, policies and information privacy requirements.
- Act as Licensing Officer and manage the day-to-day functions including issuing Business
licences, Lottery licencing and enforcement, reviewing and monitoring financial reports
and responding to public inquiries.
- Perform role in accordance with duties of supervisors outlined in Section 27 of the
Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications • Undergraduate University Degree in Public Administration or Business.
- Full election-cycle experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years related professional experience.
- AMCTO Certification.
- Software knowledge - CSDC(AMANDA), Ticket Tracer, Group Techna Inc. (Parking
ticketing), Data FLX, Microsoft Office, EDMS, Sire.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, Vital Statistics
Act, Marriage Act, Planning Act, Municipal Information and Protection of Privacy Act and
Freedom of Information Act.
- Eligible for membership in the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasures
- Excellent written and oral comprehension and expression.
- Demonstrated Problem Sensitivity/Resolution/Change Management skills.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal
Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human
Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 274.
- Deductive Reasoning or Data Analysis.
Department/Division Corporate Services/Clerks
Reporting to City Clerk
Closing Date/Time Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 4:30pm
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting
- Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft
Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process.
Applicants should make their needs known in advance.