Are you ready to dive into the exciting and innovative world of Engineered Wood? Kadant Carmanah Design is recognized as a global leader of innovation in the design and manufacture of equipment in the Engineered Wood products industry and is the largest supplier of Stranders used in the production of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and other wood-based composites.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Engineering team as a Product Leader looking after one of its flagship products, the SmartRING Strander.
We offer competitive salary, bonus, and benefits with a great work/life balance.
The product leader is responsible for the engineering, development, and technical support of the product line. Specific responsibilities:
- Support the capital sales process from bid development through final sale. Includes scope review, guarantees and scheduling of engineering deliverables.
- Project management for capital orders and major spare parts orders. Includes customer liaison, upkeep of project documentation, ensuring contract requirements are met, and manufacturing schedules for drawing delivery are followed.
- Provide aftermarket technical support to the inside sales and service department as required.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing department.
- Responsible for maintenance of the drawings and technical documentation of the product line.
- Ensure that product concerns are addressed in a timely matter and that the product safety and integrity are always top priority.
- Lead or support development opportunities related to the product line.
- Continuous review of manufacturing opportunities to improve process efficiency, cost, and quality.
- Assign and oversee the work of 1 – 3 designers when required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a role involving design, project management and customer support functions.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (EGBC) or Technologist (ASTTBC)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of initiative and a proactive approach to handling issues
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D drafting. 3D Cad experience also beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in a wood processing industry with experience in equipment design for either the sawmill, plywood or OSB industries.
Experience in the following design areas is essential:
- Mechanical design of robust industrial machinery including detailed manufacturing drawings
- Design of assemblies incorporating hydraulic and pneumatic components
- Design of drive assemblies incorporating chain and belt driven components
- Basic understanding of electrical design and PLC controls
To be successful in this position the candidate will need to take full ownership and accountability of the product line. They will track any issues related to the product and take a proactive approach to addressing these concerns. The Product Leader will be an integral member of the Engineering team and will be expected to take part in the planning and scheduling of resources and have an active role in maintaining quality standards and procedures.
We thank you for your interest; however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about who we are and our products, visit our web site: www.kadantcarmanah.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
As this position may require travel within and outside Canada, proof of full vaccination will be required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC V3S 5X7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)