Glen Hill Marnwood
Receptionist – Casual
Every other weekend.
Durham Christian Homes is a welcoming community that provides exemplary, quality care to our residents through empowerment, compassion, dignity and respect.
Candidates are invited to apply for this position to work at our Glen Hill Marnwood Home, a 60-bed long- term care home located in Bowmanville, Ontario. The Receptionist reports directly to Business Coordinator.
Under supervision, performs a variety of accounting functions, clerical and receptionist duties associated with the daily operation of an effective business office.
Grade 12 diploma and/or Business Office diploma.
1. Maintain departmental files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports.
2. Receive incoming mail and co-ordinate distribution, and process outgoing mail.
3. Answer telephone, greet visitors, receives routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel.
4. Ensure that work station is safe and adhere to Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
5. Oversee guests signing in, hand sanitizing
6. Responsible for shift call ins and replacing staff according to protocols, procedures and collective agreements;
7. Be sure each and every walk-in is greeting with 100% customer service
8. Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Must have an excellent knowledge of office procedures including general bookkeeping and experience in handling cash. Previous experience in the routine operation of a business office is a must. Must be mature, have excellent customer service skills, complete command of the English language and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and switchboard (5 phone lines).
Deadline date: Ongoing
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Casual
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)