Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager, you will schedule, receive and process patients for the Diagnostic Imaging Department. You will also protect and promote the patient’s right to privacy, confidentiality and dignity. In this role you will engage in ethical conduct and strive to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient population and workforce.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Administration certificate / diploma or equivalent or have current relevant Diagnostic Imaging experience in a hospital setting
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
- Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
- Demonstrates accurate filing skills (Will be required to complete and pass the skill assessment)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Effective telephone skills, with the clear and concise diction - must be able manage efficiently up to 3 telephone lines
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrated commitment to self-development and learning
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers