Group Insurance Analyst / Client Support Specialist
Are you looking for a work environment that lends itself to growth and success? Does a role with a wide variety of challenges and opportunities interest you? Do you thrive on daily interaction with clients as you work to understand their business needs and with suppliers as you create solutions? We are looking for a candidate that thrives in a flexible, team environment and wants to join a growing organization.
Benefex Consulting Inc. partners with client organizations in designing, managing, administering and communicating all types of employee benefits and retirement plans. We work closely with them to understand their business needs and human resources objectives. We couple that understanding with our experience and market awareness to deliver leading edge client solutions and strategies.
Our clients range from small locally operated entities to large and diverse organizations with thousands of employees. They operate in the private, public and non-profit sectors and some have operations across Canada and in the U.S.
We are seeking an individual to join our team in our Edmonton office. The candidate must be comfortable working in an environment that combines client service with technical/mathematical/Excel analysis. The successful candidate will work with our team of consultants in managing and supporting customer accounts.
We offer a comprehensive and rewarding compensation program, including an extensive benefits package and group RRSP with company matching. Salary will reflect the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The Opportunity - Role & Responsibilities
- Perform detailed analysis to assist clients in understanding their benefits cost drivers and to support rate negotiations with insurers/providers
- Analyze client data to identify trends and offer advice to address them
- Negotiate rates and produce annual renewal reports for delivery to clients
- Conduct market reviews, analyze results and produce report of findings for delivery to clients
- Assist consultants in their efforts to provide project management support to clients in the transition of plans to new provider(s) or in the implementation of program changes
- Support clients to develop communication materials and other documents
- Review contracts and plan summary documents to ensure alignment with client expectations
- Deliver a high level of client service; effectively resolve client issues and communicate solutions
- Other projects as required
Qualifications & Competencies Required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in group benefits and/or several years of technical/mathematical analysis experience in other industries
- Superior math skills; proficiency in Excel is important
- Substantial experience with Microsoft suite including Outlook and Power Point
- University or college degree is an asset
- Some understanding of Labour Standards and Human Rights legislation, particularly as they relate to employee benefits programs is an asset
- Solid interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- A valid Life and Accident & Sickness agent’s license is required; candidate must hold this license or successfully attain it within six months of hire
- Owning or having access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license is an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Please submit your resume when applying for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- group insurance: 5 years (Preferred)