Position: Senior Buyer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years of relevant experience
Education: Degree or Diploma in relevant field
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
As Clearpath grows exponentially and continues to design and build robots full of awesomeness, we need someone to come in to aid in the purchase of super awesome robot parts! With more robots shipping out than ever before, we’re looking for a Procurement Specialist to join the team and keep up with our growth. This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We’re looking for someone who can come in, take charge, and help keep our supply chain running smoothly.
As our Procurement Specialist, you will work among our fantastic Supply Chain/Operations Team within OTTO Motors, Clearpath’s Industrial division. You will wear many hats, work with every department in our company, and be around the coolest robots you can imagine. (Bonus points if you’re friends with cool robots…we’ll hire them too!)
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy considering a Total Delivered Cost approach
- Lead projects and initiatives from a supply chain perspective
- Negotiate with supply partners to give Clearpath fair and optimal pricing
- Manage Clearpath supplier relationships and facilitate technical contact with suppliers
- Solidify and document standardized procurement processes
- Act upon incoming quote requests
- Always be in the look out for synergies and opportunities to improve quality and reduce lead times and costs.
Additional tasks may include:
- Conduct on-site supplier audits; other travel may be involved
- Work with other departments to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness
- Build accurate material costing knowledge base
- Help bring resolution to supplier quality issues
- Act as liaison between Engineering Dept, Quality Dept and suppliers
- Aid in DFP (Design For Procurement) improvement initiatives
- Identify and manage supply risks early to minimize/eliminate impact to production
You want to work for a growing, yet thriving, company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are motivated, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You’ll like being the point person for purchasing concerns. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Degree or Diploma in a relevant field
- Project management experience within supply chain or purchasing
- Strong business acumen and understanding of procurement process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action
- Being comfortable in a customer-facing situation, and acting with professionalism in each of those instances
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware (mechanical and electrical) supply chain base
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.
Job Type: Full-time