Maintenance Worker – Part-time – Posting # 2020-35
Supervisor: Property Supervisor
Location: Various County buildings in Lennox & Addington and Prince Edward County
Hours of Work: Part-time – Approximately 20 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $22.89 to $26.77 per hour
Closing Date: July 17, 2020
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking applications for a part-time Maintenance Worker in our Property Services Department. The positions will be responsible for custodial and maintenance duties at County facilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance of HVAC systems, machinery, equipment, water systems and custodial duties as required
- Operate County vehicles, snow removal, salting / sanding and grounds maintenance equipment
- Perform required maintenance and service in accordance with equipment manuals and work orders
- Undertake cleaning & garbage removal and minor repairs including carpentry, painting, drywall, etc.
- Operate computerized building management systems
- Work overtime from time to time, including on-call rotation
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in good physical health, capable of lifting 75 lbs. (repeatedly) and able to work days, nights and weekends when necessary
- The successful candidate must possess a Post-Secondary School Diploma in a related field of study i.e.: mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, horticulture, forestry and or equipment operation or equivalent education and experience
- Three years of experience performing carpentry, plumbing, drywall and minor electrical repairs
- Possess a valid Class G Drivers Licence
- Proficiency using computer applications including GIS, MS office, i.e. Word, Excel & Outlook
- Obtain Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems Certificate within 4 weeks of employment.
- Employment is conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record check
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.lennox-addington.on.ca
Note: you are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.89-$26.77 per hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- Small Drinking Water Systems Certificate (Preferred)