Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$63418.82 to $79273.53
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Finance team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
An excellent opportunity to join a Capital Markets team and get involved in the innermost workings of investment portfolios. Apply your analytical and technical skills as well as your reporting expertise to this Senior Analyst position within Operations Support.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. The Senior Analyst applies his analytical skills and attention to details to ensure processes are done diligently and comprehensively. The position is essential in maintaining CMHC’s financial operations, portfolio monitoring and risk reporting. With a diverse exposure, the role will enable you to master trading operations settlement, reconciliations and reporting. You will get exposure to policies and apply them daily in ongoing operations. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
You will also get in contact with other sectors of the corporation, notably; you will at times interact with Lending, Trading, Risk Management, Finance and Compliance functions.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Financial Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field, and a minimum of three (3) years with increasing responsibility and experience in financial analysis related to capital markets.
- Sound knowledge of conceptual and transactional elements of capital markets, from plain vanilla fixed income instruments to structured securities and derivatives, back office operations, treasury and risk management.
- Demonstrated Experience of financial instrument valuation software and market information system tools (such as Bloomberg, Wall Street Suite, PCBond) with the ability to develop system-oriented solutions (Excel/VBA, SAS, or other object oriented languages).
- Demonstrated reporting skills with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with an ability to work independently as well as within a team and internal stakeholders.
- Professional designation (CFA, FRM, PRM, CIPM, CPA) or Post graduate degree(s) in the fields noted above an asset, or actively pursuing examinations (would be considered as a strong asset).
- Bilingualism (English and French is an asset).
What you will be doing
- Delivering on core weekly, monthly and quarterly financial positions, risk measurement and performance reporting, some of which are presented to senior management and the Board.
- Participating in timely review of security pricing and market/liquidity risk monitoring for the Insurance, Securitization, Lending or Pension Portfolios.
- Ensuring that Settlement’s function operates within CMHC’s Enterprise Risk Management policies and Pension Fund’s Statements of Investment Policies & Procedures.
- Explaining financial valuations, financial results and financial variances to various stakeholders, including internal and external auditors.
- Documenting and implementing effective procedures and internal controls while identifying opportunities to improve processes, increase efficiencies and eliminate human error.
- Stays abreast of international standards and Canadian industry best practices, identify emerging innovations and trends and makes recommendations.
- Supports financial information system upgrades, developing user acceptance test plans as well as testing and validating valuation results.
- Acting as a point of contact for Financial Reporting, Investment Custodians, Bank Representatives, Risk Management, Assisted Housing, Compliance, Audit, Legal and Front Office.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions, payments, disbursements and receipts.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.