Kiewit is hiring a Pipelayer Foreman for the KEV partnership, Stage 2 Ottawa LRT Confederation Line Extension Project. In this role, they will be responsible for leading toolbox and safety meetings, preparing the crew daily, reviewing work plans. In addition, they will be responsible for material coordination, truck orders and coordinate workflow with other disciplines. The foreman will be managing a team of 5-6 people.
Shift: Day shift (Night shift possibility, if required). Shift will start at 6:30am and can run up to 11 hours, with OT pay.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in sewer, rigging and trench
- Minimum 5 years' experience in management
- Must be able to understand elevation and grades
- City or municipal pipe layer experience
- Proven knowledge of different types of sewer pipes or sanitation
- LOA available for successful candidate who is not local
- This project is done in collaboration with Labourers' Union, Local 527. Successful candidates will have to be either a part of the Union or join the Union.
Kiewit/-Eurovia/-VINCI Ottawa Partnership (KEV) is a joint venture partnership between Peter Kiewit Sons ULC and VINCI Group, and its affiliates. KEV is a world-class team of design, engineering and construction companies with extensive experience on light-rail transit systems. This construction project for the Stage 2 Confederation Line of the Ottawa LRT has an estimated duration of 5 years.
KEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
- sewer, rigging and trench: 7 years (Required)
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)